Thursday, August 31, 2006

Busy

It's been 1 and a half months since I've been officially out of work. It seems like I've been off for a lot longer though, and I'm enjoying every second. I'm very busy.

Researching business ideas, playing classical guitar, running up to 10 miles a week, studying foreign languages, spending time with the family and travelling. And studying automotive repair.

At first I was feeling quite guilty about being laid off. Why me, why wasnt there another assignment? Did I do something wrong? Then I realized that the job I was in was a lot of stress, not much potential for success. Lots of smart guys at work are being exploited. And there are less stressful ways to make a living. I've talked to several people in the last 2 months who make equal or more than I did and have to work less with less stress.

In the end I have to admit that the old job was good to me for the benefits it provided. But it had several drawbacks such as long hours, lots of politics, lack of direction/leadership and in the end we never had the success that we deserved for the fine work which we put in. Conclusion: its time to explore new opportunities and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home